Sunday 13 July 2014

Final Costumes

Alice's final outfit


Above is the full Alice costume that will be used in my music video although I am modeling it I will not be acting as Alice in the music video. This dress will be seen through most of the music video until, Alice's costume changes into more of a modern style and of a darker colour to show that Alice is a secretive person.

I have chosen for Alice to wear a more modern dress she leaves the tea party till the end of the music video to show a change in her character and to connect with a target audience (art rock music genre). It is a dark colour to represent Alice as secretive but short and flowing to show she is young and free.


Mad Hatter's final outfit

I want my Hatter to look respectable so he'll be wearing this waist coat. The dark colour will represent him as mysterious and fancy.
The flowery bow-tie again will show that the Hatter is fancy-looking but the odd colours will show that he is deranged.
My Hatter will look very brightly coloured wearing this shirt and some colours will clash giving him the unusual and freakish look.
I've bought some male business trousers that will be short for the actor to show that the Hatter is smart but odd looking. The trousers are plain and black to represent him as strange and mysterious and they are loose enough for the actor to be able to dance in them.

Singer's final costume

Out of these two black dresses I prefer the one on the right due to the fact that it looks more like a Florence Welch dress as it is transparent and more flowing than the one on the right so my singer will wear the left dress.
To go with the black flowing dress, I have decided to have the black high heels to the right, as they are fancy and match the dress. I like the light pink ones too but I thought even though they are feminine they aren't the type of shoes that Florence would wear, also having my singer wearing all black while in the woods would make her look more mysterious as a representation.
In the field scenes I have chosen for the singer to wear a lighter coloured dress which drapes loosely the represent her as free and the colour change will contrast nicely with both the other singers dress and the blue Alice in Wonderland dress which Alice will wear.
Out of these I have decided to use the white shoes to go with the pinky dress as it will make the outfit young-looking and also suit Florence's style.

Cheshire Cats final outfit


The Cheshire cats aren't featured in my music video much (only in the dancing scenes and one will be at the Hatters tea party scene) as they are only background characters making my video look as if there are more which is why I have chosen for them to wear plain black clothing and a mask, symbolizing them as cats.




No comments:

Post a Comment